Being prepared at work will help ensure a safe return home to your family. With the right supplies, you can turn your workplace into a temporary shelter.
Plan in advance
- Alternate accommodation arrangements with co-workers, family, or friends
- Arrange for pick up and care for your children and pets
- Have a work emergency kit
Work emergency kit
These items will fit in an athletic bag or backpack you can keep at work. If you have to evacuate, use this as your grab-and-go kit:
- Minimum 4 litres bottled water and ready-to-eat food.
- Whistle, hard hat, seasonal change of clothes, flashlight, sturdy shoes, work gloves, emergency cash.
- Mobile phone charger or solar-powered battery charger, AM/FM radio (windup or battery operated), out of area contact information.
- Toiletries such as tissues, soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant and medications.